How do we help patients?
Some of the ways we can help individuals facing cancer:
- Learn about cancer and treatment options
- Match to a peer mentor who is a trained cancer survivor volunteer
- Find help with transportation and lodging
- Get answers to financial and insurance questions
- Learn how the hospital works and questions to ask the doctor
- Find local support groups and programs offered by Stony Brook Medicine, the American Cancer Society, and the community to ease the cancer burden.
- Referrals to Stony Brook's Department of Social Work, Nutrition, and Financial Counseling
- Referrals to Stony Brook's partner organizations in the community
For information, call (631) 216-2449.